Question:
Why won't my scanner work?
2006-05-08 18:13:28 UTC
Today, I tried scanning some pictures to make a slide show. But it said that I needed to "install the proper software" in order to do so. I don't think that's the case, because it was working about a weak ago, and I installed my scanner right when I got my computer (which was last summer, I believe) And I haven't had any problems until now.

Is there anything I could try in order to fix this problem?
Thanks.
Six answers:
2006-05-08 18:14:19 UTC
Reload the driver.
saukoon
2006-05-09 01:16:38 UTC
Maybe you've done a system restore recently?

BTW, just go to control panel > add/remove software, then check for the entry for your scanner. If you found it there, uninstall it first.

then insert the cd that comes with the scanner and reinstall the driver and apps just like what you did the first time you got the scanner.

hope this works!
frank
2006-05-09 01:16:29 UTC
Reload the driver.
microsvc
2006-05-09 01:16:30 UTC
Running Windows? Try restarting the computer (and unplug the scanner then plug it back in).
2006-05-11 05:00:14 UTC
Go to devices manager, select the scanner driver, and click proprties, click roll back driver. restart
2006-05-09 18:31:34 UTC
I have had to uninstall and reinstall my software on a few occasions especially if my cables got disconnected. That is what I would do first. Then look for updates.