Question:
audacity lame.enc dll error?
2009-10-31 07:51:34 UTC
ok so, i try to export a song as an mp3 but then it comes up with a ''need to locate lame.enc dll'' error thing. so i locate it, click open, then it says ''could not open mp3 encoding'' so i click ok and try to do it again and it says the same thing! the site for audacity even says that ''you find it when you try to export something as an mp3, click it, then click open.'' and it also says ''you only have to do it once''. i've been tryin to get this stupid thing to work all morning. help please?
Three answers:
?
2009-10-31 08:00:59 UTC
Your lame_enc.dll file is likely corrupt. Try downloading a new lame_enc.dll file, like the one from DLL-Files.com here:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?lame_enc

...and load it in. You should be fine.

Make sure it's in a location on your computer where it's not going to be moved/disturbed. If you move the lame_enc.dll file then the next time Audacity tries to convert to .mp3 you'll need to re-find the file for Audacity.
?
2016-12-13 12:48:36 UTC
I’m conscious that this has been happening for the final 6 hours, considering Valve as much as date the engine. I’m going to circulate into the workplace precise now to check out it and notice if i will get a patch to restoration it. it quite is the fee of being on the latest version of the source engine. It’s going to ensue each and every so often. yet I’d rather have a days downtime each and every 6 months than be on a 2 twelve months previous version of the source engine. i desire you settle. I’ll edit this positioned up with updates as i'm getting them. 09:18 – have been given into the workplace. finding into the project. 09:24 – interestingly mdlcache is NULL. Uh-oh. Merging code with Valve’s recent. 09:fifty six – Merging code. It’s sluggish shoving code approximately on SVN. 10:07 – Chatting in the steam chat at the same time as I’m waiting – connect it right here 10:18 – 2 hundred human beings in chat, it’s unchattable. Merging code now, going properly so some distance. 10:37 – Merge replaced into powerful, committing, then I’ll attempt to assemble it, then restoration any blunders. Then with a bit of luck we would desire to continually be waiting. 10:38 – laptop is compiling high-quality – mac is complaining: “ld: library no longer got here upon for -l-liconv” 11:21 – After lots head scratching – i think of I even have fixed the OSX build. finding out now. 11:40-one – SVN version would desire to paintings top now 11:fifty two – waiting for OSX build to end 12:09 – .. and that i’m finished! I’ve finished each and every little thing i will. It’s in Valve’s palms now. I’ve emailed all people i be conscious of there to tell them there’s an replace that desires to circulate out yet I don’t be conscious of no rely if or no longer they paintings on a Saturday. desire they’d enable us to push our very own updates out! Oh properly, palms crossed that it fixes each and every little thing!
?
2009-10-31 08:07:22 UTC
As far as i can remember you could launch lame directly from cmd.exe windows shell. Save the work as .wav file and pass it to lame.exe Should look like this (via cmd.exe):

C:/progz/lame/lame.exe --preset billboard.wav

If you double click lame.exe it exits, afaik =)

Some command line examples

Fixed bit rate 128kbps encoding:

lame sample.wav sample.mp3

Fixed bit rate jstereo 128kbps encoding, high quality (recommended):

lame -h sample.wav sample.mp3

Note the homepage: lame.sourceforge.net